2. James Mitchell
James Mitchell was born August 28, 1826 in Angus, Scotland. He married Elizabeth Roger/ Rodger on June 29, 1849 in Inverarity & Methay, Angus, Scotland. Elizabeth was born on October 11, 1829 in Perth Scotland. 
James Mitchell, and his wife, Elizabeth Roger/Rodger migrated to Canada where they first lived at Port Huron. At least three of their children were born at Port Huron. They later moved to Melancthon, Ontario. They had 14 children.
Along with James and Elizabeth at home at the time of 1861 Census for Port Union, Pickering Township, Ontario were:
- David Mitchell, born in Scotland, age next birthday: 12, going to school.
- James Mitchell, born in Upper Canada, age next birthday: 5
- Ann Mitchell, born in Upper Canada, age next birthday: 3
- William Mitchell, born in Upper Canada, age next birthday: 1
The family was living in a 1-story house on a quarter acre lot; have two pigs; value of livestock: $2.00. 
James died on December 2, 1901, at Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario, Canada and is buried at South Line Union Cemetery at Badjeros, Ontario along with some of his family. Elizabeth died on June 1, 1906, Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario, Canada. 
Children of James and Elizabeth Mitchell:
- David Bruce Mitchell born ca 1849.
- Elizabeth Mitchell born and died 1855.
- James Mitchell Jr born ca 1856.
- Ann Janie Mitchell born ca 1858.
- William Thomas Mitchell was born on April 2, 1860, Ontario, Canada and died on August 30, 1945, Ontario, Canada.
- John Alexander “Jack” Mitchell born 1862 died 1944.
- Charles Rodger Mitchell born 1863 died 1927.
- Robert Menzies Mitchell was born October 28,1865 Ontario, Canada. He became a doctor. He married Margaret McKinnon (born 1865) on July 17, 1892 at Dundalk, Grey, Ontario, Canada. Robert became a medical doctor was the first Superintendent of the Weyburn Mental Hospital. He became Weyburn City Mayor and a member of the Saskatchewan House of Commons and its Speaker from 1917-1919.He died February 6, 1932 at Weyburn, Weyburn Census Division, Saskatchewan, Canada and is buried in the Hillcrest Cemetery. Margaret died in 1951 and is buried with her husband. 
Children of Robert and Margaret:
- Robert Charles (Chester) Mitchell born July 11,1893 at Dundalk, Grey, Ontario, Canada and died in 1940.
- Donald James Mitchell (Judge) borne on February 15, 1895 at Dundalk, Ontario, Canada and died in 1973.
- William Mitchell born 1866.
- Jessie Mitchell born September 6, 1867, Ontario, Canada. Died 1951.
- Alexander Mitchell born October 9, 1868, Pickering, Durham, Ontario, Canada. He died in 1948.
- Emma Mary Mitchell born May 1, 1870 at Grey, Ontario, Canada and died December 9, 1871 at Grey, Ontario, Canada.
- Joseph Morrison Mitchell born November 1871, Ontario, Canada. Died 1963.
- Fanny Chester Mitchell born September 5, 1874 at Grey, Ontario, Canada and died in 1882.
James’ parents, brothers and sisters
 Barry R. Huntsinger 7TO 10th Ave N, Estherville, Iowa, 51334, United States.
Email: email@example.com (Our research has included commissioned work by professional genealogists: Robert & Penny Fenwick, Perth Scotland; Caroline Makein, Certificate in Scottish Family History from Stirling University, author and ancestry researcher for over 30 years; Doris B. Bourrie, CGRS (Retired), Thornhill, Ontario; former university instructor in genealogy, researcher and author, as well as several individual researchers.)
 1861 Census- Port Union, Pickering Township. Ontario, Part 2, page 5, lines 40-45, Ontario archives microfilm C-1057:
 Phillips family tree https://www.ancestry.com.au/family-tree/person/tree/68956810/person/262040024840/facts
 Children of Robert and Margaret: (Phillips family tree) https://www.ancestry.com.au/family-tree/person/tree/68956810/person/262040024840/facts