David Mitchell | Janet Mitchell Robbie
1. Janet Mitchell
Janet (Jessie) Mitchell was born in 1825 in Forfar, Angus, Scotland and died March 3, 1888 in Kingsmuir, Forfar, Angus, Scotland of disease of the heart. The witness to Jessie’s death certificate was her son George Bowman.
Jessie married David William Robbie on December 3, 1846 in Oathlaw, Angus, Scotland. David was born January 27, 1820 in Cortachy & Clova, Angus, Scotland and died in 1853. At Forfar, Angus, Scotland.
Children of David and Janet Robbie:
- William Robbie born May 15, 1847 in Oathlaw, Angus, Scotland. He married Isabella Young born in 1847 at Forfar, in 1875.  He remained in Scotland and died in 1882 at Forfar, Angus, Scotland.
- James Mackenzie Robbie born May 14, 1849 in Forfar, Angus, Scotland. James also remained in Scotland. In 1872 he married Elizabeth Ewart born ca 1849. James died on September 18, 1918 at Nether Bow of Ballinshoe, Parish of Kirriemuir.
- Captain David Mitchell Robbie born March 3, 1851 in Forfar, Angus, Scotland. David became a sailor and stayed in New Zealand for a number of years before moving to Fiji and in 1876 became the Master of the schooner “Nymph”. By 1884 he had his own general merchant business in Levuka, Ovalau, Fiji. He was also a tea merchant and established the Royal Levuka Hotel. In 1905 he was Mayor of Levuka and elected to the Legislative Council of Fiji in the same year. He was also chair of the School board. He married Ann Clark Thompson and they had one child Mary Ann Thompson. Ann died at Levuka, Central Fiji on April 2, 1924 and the Hon. Captain David Mitchell Robbie MLC died at Levuka on July 10, 1940 aged 89 years. He is buried in the Levuka Cemetery. 
- Ann Frazer Robbie born 17 July 17, 1853 in Forfar, Angus, Scotland. In 1871 she married James Christie who was born in 1844 at Lunan Head, Forfar, Scotland. They migrated to Australia. James died in 1930 and Ann in 1936 also at Marrickville. They did not have any children. 
- Charles Robbie born July 17, 1853 in Forfar, Angus, Scotland. In 18972 he married Mary Baird who was born in 1851 at Kinneff and Catterline, Kincardine, Scotland. After Mary died at Marrickville in1889  Charles re-married. He died August 18, 1927 at Randwick, New South Wales. See article on Charles life.
Charles, Mary and their family migrated to Australia.
The children of Charles and Mary:
- James Robbie born in 1872 at Marykirk, Kincardine, Scotland and died in1962, late of Marrickv  In 1901 he married Catherine (Kitty) Noble who was born in 1873 at Shoalhaven and died in 1955 at Newtown. 
- Charles (2) Jr Robbie was born in 1874 in Yaypark Dundee, Angus, Scotland, and died in R.P.A.H. In 1901 he married Florence Isabel Baker who was born in1882 at Clifton, Wollongong and died at Auburn in1923. 
- David Robbie was born in 1877 at Yaypark, Dundee, Scotland and died in1878 at Yaypark, Scotland . 
- David Baird Robbie was born in1879 at Yaypark, Dundee, Scotland and died in1946 at Rockdale. In 1903 he married Martha B. Wills born about 
- Annie Robbie was born in1881at Yaypark, Dundee, Scotland and died in 1919 at Arncliff In 1904 she married Percival James Marr born at Windsor in1880. He died in 1941. 
- William Robbie born at Lithgow in 1884 and died in 1892 at Darlinghurst, Sydney. 
- Jessie Robbie was born in 1886 at Petersha She died at Randwick in 1937. In 1912 she married Stephen F Dumbrell who was born abt. 1886 and died in 1938. 
After the death of Mary, in 1889 Charles married to Margaret Gollan who was born in 1855 at Kilmonivaig, Inverness, Scotland and died in 1954. 
Children of Charles and Margaret:
- Ronald James Robbie born in 1890 at Marrickville, and died in In 1912 he married Maude Keenan who was born abt 1890 and died in 1959. 
- Gordon Christie Robbie was born in1895 at Marrickville and died in 1919 at the Randwick Military Ho 
- Margaret Robbie was born in1897 at Marrickville and died in1975 in Beg In 1921 she married John Henry (Harry) Robbie who was born in 1896 in Marrickville and died in 1954at the Bega Hospital, aged 58 years. 
Jessie’s second marriage was to William Bowman a vintner who was born in 1825/1826 in Aberlemno, Angus, Scotland. They had one child:
- George Alexander Bowman who was born August 9, 1866 in Forfar, Angus, Scotland.
Janet’s parents, brothers and sisters
 1881 Census.
 Information from the Farquharson Family Tree. https://www.ancestry.com.au/family-tree/person/tree/25942909/person/1791000888/facts
 BDM 2040/1930 and BDM 10680/1936.
 Marrickville PI #3277, JR.
 IGI and Ryerson.
 BDM 18488/1873 and BDM 19819/1955.
 JR, IGI, death cert, PI, BDM 1882/19639 and BDM 1923/20148.
 JR and #21555.
 JR, BDM 6892/1919, BDM 27037/1880 and gravestone, BDM 1550/1941.
 BDM 21333/1884, PI, JR and #647.
 BDM 6758/1886, JR, BDM 3378/1937 and BDM 18586/1938.
 IGI, JR.
 PI#21423, JR, Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park Crematorium.
 PI#33975, JR, PI#9463.
 PI#13913, JR, PI#14048.